Monday, 30 May 2011

Snow White and me...

In my mind; I wake up in the morning, open my window and birds come flying in. These birds fly in and pick out what I'm going to wear, while chirping a happy tune. Butterflies flutter in, they whisper inspirational and general good things in my ear so I always have a happy thoughts in the morning. Talking mice from out of no where magically poof in front of me and ask me what I will have for breakfast. I always have cloud flavoured muffins, they taste like marshmallows and laughter. I worry about nothing because the magical cleaning elves make my bed and sprinkle dust that smell like spring on the finished product. Before I go out fairies come in and sprinkle me with fairy dust for luck and fairy mist so I smell like rainbows.

In reality I might be a little insane, but that's OK I watched Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and learned that all the good people are a little insane. I think I'm a fairy princess, actually I have a tattoo of a fairy for that very reason. Whenever I'm sad I ask myself what would  Snow White do, then I find myself humming a tune, sometimes I accidentally sing out loud (but that's only on days when I forget where I am.) The thing  is I don't see the world through rose coloured glasses, I was just born with a vivid imagination, I really did play with Barney the dinosaur sensation.

I've been told on many occasions that I'm strange, my answer has always been "so what." So what if I'm strange. Yes, OK, all these things are only real in a Walt Disney Production. All these things are a five year old's magic dream, sure, that's not reality. I love reality and the smell of freshly laid tar. Reality is, we all have our happy place, clearly mine is a Walt Disney Fairy tale with a splash of the Brothers Grimm. Everyone has their quirks, I'm not afraid of mine. I realise that I create a killer fairy tale in my mind every time I wake up....

...Maybe I should be a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment