Monday, 11 April 2011

"And we were dressed from head to toe in love..the only label that never goes out of style"

I watched Sex and the City the movie again this weekend(hence the quote). I pretty much watch it for one reason other than sheer enjoyment, the Vogue photo shoot scene. Every time Carrie wore another gown and she went through the designers' names I got goosebumps. I've probably watched the movie 5 times and that scene still has the same effect on me. Clothes, a mere form of warmth for some, for me have always been much more. I can't even put into words the feeling I get when I see something so beautiful, so breath taking, that I literally stop breathing for a split second. It's about the appreciation for the design and the designer's vision which they have immortalised in what some might see as a simple piece of clothing. I took a moment to think of some SA designers that give me goosebumps every time, who's clothes aren't just seasonal trends but timeless pieces.
Gavin Rajah
Stoned Cherrie
<>
Kluk CGdT
Heni
Thula Sindi
These are some old and new pieces, that's the whole point, new collection or old its still the same effect, it's still clothes I can wear this season and next. These designers inspire my whole wardrobe daily, there's just something indescribable about them.
pics: AFI

No comments:

Post a Comment