Friday, 08 April 2011

I AM NOT A TERRORIST, please dont arrest me

I was once asked which designer do I most look up to (my fashion designer period) it was an easy question to answer, Dame Vivienne Westwood. It's a no brainer, she's my rebellious side. A side i love. A side that makes me wear combat boots I stole from my brother one night while he was passed out from an excessive amount of alcohol consumption (he's still looking) and pearls I inherited from my grandmother which was a precious gift from my late grandfather all in one outfit. Today is the 8th of April thus I say Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This incredible woman in not safe, she named her shop Sex and made punk high fashion. She sees beauty in everything, who gets inspired by pirate wear as was her first catwalk show in 1971. She's got a rare mind and her inspiration isn't just fashion related. If you ever felt different and ready to explode look to this amazing lady, she was a rebel when the world was going through their hippy stage. Happy happy birthday.

Born: Vivienne Isabel Swire in 1941
Had her first runway show in 1971
First named her shop Let it Rock, then she went through a biker leather and zip phase and named it Too fast to live, Too young to die. In 1974 it was renamed Sex, today it's called Worlds End.

Shes has a number of looks, her Red Label, Gold Label, Anglomania and a men's label. They all amazing
Gold Label S/S 2011
Anglomania S/S 2011
Shes such a brilliant mother that her son started the ever amazing Agent Provocateur and her other son is an erotic photographer. (I'm sure they couldn't have done it without mommy) Whats there not to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment