Tuesday, 05 April 2011

Love of my life (for now anyway)

The beauty of life is that, every so often you fall in lust. Lust is not forever, I like to call it seasonal love. Lust, if you lucky can turn into love, and well where would the world be without love. I never expected this to be my seasonal love. It's so strange how I once glanced in that direction and said 'no that's not for me.'  Now the one thing I could do with out, is the one thing I cant live with out. As I've grown and seen the world through my pink shaded eyes, I've realised that really it's ok to change your mind where lust is concerned. Many relationships have grown from mutual loathing to love, like Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz in What happens in Vegas. My seasonal love is simple that's all, simple, long and whimsical (well that depends on your interpretation of my lust) the maxi skirt.


Loin Cloth & Ashes
Joburg fashion week saw some designer's interpretation of this marvel, Loin Cloth & Ashes had the easy going, "oh I just threw this on and looked amazing in it" feel to theirs. Tart had the "I'm a fabulous borderline diva but you know you love me" take. Whichever girl you are, there's a skirt for you. I'm in love with all takes of this piece, its all mood dependent theres a skirt for every mood, no wrong way to wear it (unless you really try hard to mess it up) i'ts effortless chic.

Tart
Wearing this is easy. Firstly; bangles lots of them, that is on every fashionistas must do this season anyway, so you can never go wrong.

Get these babies at Truworths
Ballet flats, heels or sandals take you pick. Since it's winter I'm going for ballet flats. Uncomplicated and cute.

Ts not too much: Shoe HQ
I'm big on accentuating my waist. I will find any excuse to wear something that says look here. You can't go wrong with a belt, it will always flatter your figure.

Ginger Mary
The rest is mood and weather dependent. Knits are big, so if you find the perfect knit top, it done. Cable knit tops are the best. A blouse is always feminine, it always makes me want to sip on a cocktail and pick up hot males, it's flirty, it's fun. My ultimate is how Drew Barrymore did it. This shirt is amazing, it's not safe, it's adorable in that it kind of says "I'm not trying too hard to look styled but I'm styled' and if u low on cash you run to your boyfriend's or dad's closet pick a shirt and you styled. I pretty much live on stolen shirts. My icing on this:  big sun glasses and a cuppa coffee from Vida e Caffe (it's like our Star Bucks I love their coffee).

I'm in love

No comments:

Post a Comment