Wednesday, 01 June 2011

Lord Lagerfeld's Latest

I have a secret wish that one day Karl Lagerfeld plucks me from obscurity and teaches me how to take a perfect photograph. Short of the hugest miracle since the parting of the Red Sea, that's not happening anytime soon. I've had my little cry over it, drank 1 too many Vodka and limes over it, then came to terms with reality. I'm OK now, and I realised I can still enjoy Mr Lagerfeld's work, right now in the form of the Fall 2011 Chanel Campaign. It's a little different this season; no gaggle of models, only Freja Beha Erichsen, his long time muse. Former Editor-in-Chief of French Vogue Carine Rotifeld Styled the shoot, to be honest I've always liked her randomly brilliant quirky sense of vision. I have to say I do enjoy these images, they naughty, half dark, and lacey. The vintage photo booth makes it a little dreamy and the half naked body covered in lace makes me think of things I shouldn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment