Monday, 28 February 2011

Freedom

I have an obsession with one pair of boots that I own. I have taken to living in them. Forget food, water even shelter. These boots are the future or rather the past. What I mean is fashion goes in a cycle, boots like this were once so huge that if you didn't have a pair people would cease all communication with you. The boots in question Doc Martens.

The Originals
My boots aren't Doc Martens but the creator of these babies was definitely inspired by them. I understand why these boots were such a craze. I'm also so grateful fashion believes in recycling. You can wear them with a dress, you can wear them with jeans, you can even wear them with a tutu.(the excitement overwhelms me) Now I have to admit, these aren't the most aesthetically pleasing of boots, but I realised its not about the boots but the feeling, the liberation they bestow upon the wearer.
The liberation

If Dorothy's ruby slippers had the power to take her home. These boots have the power to give me confidence to dare to wear anything. OK not anything as I am not Ke$ha who tried to make a bin bag couture. I just mean adventure, these boots honestly whisper things to me in the morning, they tell me o wear polka dots, stripes and a giant sun hat all at the same time. They've allowed me to actually say to the establishment that I will not be ruled by rules. Seriously there should be a monument erected in their honour. So thank you dear boots for waking me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment